Hear Her Roar
Women’s Athletics at Clemson University
Athletics for women at Clemson began in 1975 with the announcement of women’s basketball. Nearly 50 years later, Clemson athletics proudly sponsors 12 NCAA Division I women’s programs. These programs have claimed an impressive 39 ACC regular-season or tournament team championships, 49 women are enshrined in the Clemson Athletic Hall of Fame, and former Clemson alumnae have earned 10 Olympic medals. Outside of competition, our Tigers have posted record-setting GPAs and become leaders professionally in their families and communities. We have much to be proud of as supporters of women’s athletics and our young women who proudly wear the Paw!
The momentum behind the growth of athletic opportunities for women at Clemson has never been more tremendous. Within the last decade, Clemson athletics has added women’s golf (2012-13), softball (2019-20), and announced the sponsorship of women’s lacrosse (2022-23) and women’s gymnastics (2023-24). In the spring of 2022, a comprehensive women’s athletic facility plan was formalized, and POWER: Women’s Leadership Academy was officially launched. Today is a pinnacle moment in Clemson women’s athletics; we are climbing to new heights, and it is time to Hear Her Roar!
Hear Her Roar
Hear Her Roar, a fundraising initiative led by IPTAY, raises awareness and financial support for Clemson’s women student-athletes, providing them a premier collegiate experience both athletically and academically.
Supporters of IPTAY and Hear Her Roar play an integral part in:
- Providing scholarships, a nationally acclaimed academic experience, and state-of-the art training facilities and competition venues ensuring success both academically and athletically.
- Empowering and developing female student-athletes to become leaders in their workplace, family, and community.
- Recruiting exceptional women to be part of the Clemson Family.
- Ensuring an elite student-athlete experience that is unrivaled across the country.
Hear Her Roar Women’s Scholarship Fund
A gift of any amount can be given to this fund to support:
- 27 new scholarships for women’s lacrosse and gymnastics
- The Clemson Academic Performance award provided to female student-athletes for continued achievement in the classroom and progress toward graduation
- The Athletic Summer School Fund which covers the tuition cost of summer session classes.
Endowed Scholarship in any Women’s Sport
To learn more about endowing a scholarship, please contact Lauren Gaulin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-656-2608.
Women’s Athletic District – $37M
- Phase II approval for the $37M Women’s Sports Program extension and the bond resolution to finance a portion of the project
- 21,000 square-foot facility for women’s gymnastics
- 9,000 square-foot facility, an artificial turf field and stadium seating for women’s lacrosse
For information about naming opportunities within Clemson athletic facilitates, please contact Lauren Gaulin at email@example.com or 864-656-2608.
POWER: Women’s Leadership Academy
POWER is a one-of-a-kind program for Clemson female student-athletes and believed to be one of few in the nation focusing in this area. The women’s leadership academy is a three-pronged women’s leadership program with curriculum focusing on identity, professional presence, self-leadership and community, along with an annual experiential trip and culminating with a summer leadership summit for all female student-athletes.
Support Your Sport & Program Endowments
Hear Her Roar donors can directly support any of our women’s teams. Operational support provides immediate assistance in fulfilling the needs of women’s programs. Learn more below about how you can support a specific women’s team at Clemson.
To learn about establishing a program-specific endowment please contact Lauren Gaulin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-656-2608.
Learn more about Clemson’s Title IX 5oth Anniversary Celebration
Each year, more than 275 women suit up in the orange and purple. Thousands of women’s athletes have called Clemson home and participated in a total of 16 sports throughout the years. And while the history of the program is strong, it’s the future that is brightest. Clemson has added four women’s sports in the past decade – golf, softball, lacrosse (2022-23) and gymnastics (2023-24). We’re just getting started…
Support Hear Her Roar!
Will you help our female student-athletes ROAR?
Through Hear Her Roar you can have a direct impact on Clemson’s women student-athletes by making a gift to any of the above focus areas. To learn more about how you can make a difference in the lives of Clemson’s female student-athletes contact Lauren Gaulin at email@example.com or 864-656-2608.