IPTAY Student Advisory Board (ISAB)
There are many ways to get involved here at Clemson, but if you love college athletics, there is no better way to be All-In than to serve on the IPTAY Student Advisory Board (ISAB). IPTAY is Clemson’s athletic booster club and is one of the oldest in the country. Since 1934, IPTAY has provided millions of dollars in scholarships for student-athletes and non-athletes alike. It also has provided substantial support for programs and facilities that help Clemson athletics stay among the best in collegiate sports. There are more than 17,000 active members of IPTAY across the country who give their time and money to support Clemson Athletics. In addition, there are more than 8,000 students here at Clemson who are proud IPTAY Collegiate Club members! And if you have ever followed Clemson sports, you know Clemson fans are passionate about their Tigers!
The IPTAY Student Advisory Board is made up of a select group of current Clemson students who serve as liaisons between the student body and IPTAY. ISAB enables IPTAY to connect with the students on campus to better educate the general student body on the organization’s mission to support Clemson student-athletes. ISAB is a fun and exciting way to support your Clemson Tigers, make new friends on campus and be an active part of Tiger athletics! ISAB initiatives include building the IPTAY Collegiate Club brand, growing the membership base and promoting the Solid Orange message on campus.
As a member of ISAB, opportunities exist to assist with IPTAY and athletic department events throughout the year that are both mandatory and voluntary in nature, including:
- Welcome Back Festival participation and Collegiate Club Membership Drive
- IPTAY Collegiate Club Punt, Pass and Kick competition
- IPTAY Collegiate Club Classic Event
- Spring Event
- Lunch In Littlejohn
- Block C Club Events
- Tiger Cub Club Events
- IPTAY Days at Clemson Athletic Events
- IPTAY Special Events
- Summer Orientation
- Special Clemson Athletic Department Initiatives
- Solid Orange Fridays
Applications For 2024-2025
IPTAY Student Advisory Board members serve as student ambassadors for IPTAY. Because there are a limited number of new openings to serve on the IPTAY Student Advisory Board each year, it is required that all interested students complete the online application process. All students who are invited to serve on the board must commit to the expectations noted below. We invite all interested students to apply for the IPTAY Student Advisory Board.
Board Member Expectations
- Positively embody the mission and vision of IPTAY and its donors at athletics events around campus, in the community-at-large
- Attendance all board meetings held at the McCarter Family IPTAY Center
- Participation in required and voluntary events throughout the fall and spring semesters
- Play an active role in his/her committee assignment
Annual Application Timeline
- February — Online applications are now OPEN and can be accessed HERE (the third floor of the McCarter Family IPTAY Center.)
- March — The online application will close at 5 pm on Friday, March 15. Interview candidates will be selected and contacted in late March and scheduled a time to interview. Interviews will begin in early April
- April — New members appointed
- Current member of the IPTAY Collegiate Club
- Must be a rising sophomore or older
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Letter of recommendation
As a member of ISAB, in addition to other duties, you will serve on one of the following committees:
- The role of the events committee is to assist in the brainstorming, planning, and execution of Collegiate Club member-only (external) events as well as executing ISAB member-only (internal) events.
- External Collegiate Club member-only events in the past include:
- IPTAY Collegiate Club Punt Pass Kick Event
- Spring Tailgate Event
- IPTAY Collegiate Club Classic
- Athletic Facility Open House Events
Marketing and Social Media
- ORANGE: The Experience is IPTAY’s flagship magazine published eight times annually for priority IPTAY donors at the Purple ($200) level and above. The marketing & communication committee is responsible for providing content for one page of this magazine per issue. Content may include original stories, interviews, member biographies, event recaps etc.
- This committee is also responsible for marketing all aspects of the IPTAY Student Advisory Board through both print and digital mediums. Expectations include working with Social Media committee to create a per semester plan that incorporates scheduled tweets, social media graphics and announcements.
- The marketing committee works hand in hand with other committee chairs to help drive awareness of their particular project or agenda.
- This committee is responsible for utilizing IPTAYCC social media outlets to post promotional ideas, event details, etc. to help promote the IPTAY Collegiate Club.
- This committee will be charged with posting both planned marketing materials and social posts as well as creating unique content to be posted on outlets such as Instagram stories (example – Instagram live during Punt Pass Kick or Solid Orange Friday events.
- The Solid Orange trend first began in 2002 with the Solid Orange: It’s About Pride Campaign, which sought to re-invigorate the sense of family and tradition on Clemson’s campus. ISAB is a critical part of that campaign by continuing to promote that message today.
- The Solid Orange committee is expected to find creative ways to promote and encourage school spirit for athletics with the intention that there is no better way to support the Tigers than by being a member of IPTAY.
- This committee is required to have a presence on campus on Friday’s throughout the fall and spring semesters.
- This committee will organize ISAB/Solid Orange group outings to Clemson Olympic sports.
- Focus on the internal initiatives of ISAB: including internal events, group outings, etc.
- Plan group attendance at Clemson Athletic events
- Celebrate the Board’s successes and member milestones
- Explore collaboration with various campus organizations
Can’t find the information you’re looking for or have a question about the application process? Reach out to one of the current ISAB advisors by clicking HERE.
ISAB Staff Advisors
Position: Director of Collegiate and Pre-Collegiate Programs (IPTAY)
ISAB Advisor: 2019-Present
Position: Director of Strategic Communication for IPTAY
ISAB Advisor: 2019-Present